From a wide range of preparations for a trip, the most important one is choosing the best travel backpack.
When you make a decision to go on a trip, you have to think about a great number of important factors.
If you do not consider such factors, then you will never be able to figure out which type of travel backpack is right for you.
Our primary objective of developing this site is to assist you in finding the best travel backpack.
At the same time, we will also try to help you by giving you helpful and useful tips so that you can purchase the right type of travel backpack to meet your needs.
Additionally, you can also expect to receive the most factual information and tips about all the best travel backpacks currently available on the market.
- Top Travel Backpacks
- 1. Osprey Men’s Atmos 65 AG Backpack
- 2. Thule Crossover Backpack 32L
- 3. Osprey Men’s Aether 70 Backpack
- 4. High Sierra Appalachian 75 Internal Frame Pack
- 5. HBAG Discovery 80L 5400ci Internal Frame Camping Hiking Backpack
- 6. SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack
- 7. Briggs &Riley Work Luggage Clamshell Backpack
- 8. 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 Back Pack
- 9. TETON Sports Scout3400 Internal Frame Backpack
- 10. High Sierra Freewheel Wheeled Book Bag Backpack
- Benefits of Carrying a Best Travel Backpack
- Tips for Using a Travel Backpack
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Choose the Best Travel Backpack for You
Top Travel Backpacks
Since we have already shown you a comparison chart about the top-rated travel backpacks currently available on the market, now it’s time to know more details about the travel backpacks we have mentioned.
Basically, in this section, we will try to give short reviews about the 10 best backpacks for traveling, so that you can find out all the features and aspects of these travel backpacks.
1. Osprey Men’s Atmos 65 AG Backpack
The Osprey Men’s Atmos 65 AG Backpack caught my eye when I realized it was a nylon bag meaning it’s a lighter backpack.
It was in fact light since when I had it on my back for the first time, I felt like it was floating.
It was hard for me to judge the friendliness of the pack by the first look or setup, it took me a whole 3-days trip to have a complete feel for the backpack.
To begin with, the product is ideal for anyone who is after a tough, durable and fairly priced Osprey Pack.
Therefore, Osprey Men’s Atmos 65 AG Backpack is not a bag pack for everyone for instance:
- Women-this is a male-designed backpack but there is a more recommendable backpack for your body construction, for instance, the Osprey Ariel!
- If you are a light traveller- Osprey Men’s Atmos 65 AG Backpack is a large bag, I used it in one of my hiking trips and it supported 45 pounds comfortably. So for you who want a fairly smaller pack, I would advise the Osprey Farpoint 40.
- The Atmos AG 65 might also be a challenge when you are going for a serious hiking adventure or travelling for more than just a few days since the bag might not support all your necessities for those days. The Osprey Aether 70 or 80 would be a better choice.
- Also people who are after a modern backpack, the Osprey Men’s Atmos 65 AG has the outdoor and hiking look while you might be in search of Tortuga Setout.
What we like
I highly recommend Atmos 65 AG for adventures but there are other models that you would consider. One thing I realized while getting my pack is that one man’s man meat is another man’s poison and that is why I have broken down the following segments for you to determine if in fact the Atmos AG 65 is actually the Travel Backpack for you:
Osprey Atmos AG 65 is the backpack for you:
- If you are a serious male hiker, camper or adventurer
- Or If you are a fan of the Osprey bags style
- Or If you are going hiking, camping but for a few days-the bag might not facilitate heavy luggage for more than a couple of days
- Bag provides concrete comfort with its design. I can walk many miles and climb hills with the loaded backpack on me and enjoy my hiking thanks to its amazing suspension system.
- Make of the bag has a balance of weight and durability. This assures me that I will enjoy the bag for a long period of time, plus you can agree with me it is tedious to have to buy a new bag every time you want to go for an adventurous trip.
- I find the organization of the pack to be impeccable. I am a person who is keen at keeping tabs of where I place my gear and the Atmos AG 65 has adequate space and compartment for that.
- Weight and size-the Osprey Atmos AG 65 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest for a traveller. Though, if you are after the lightest bag Atmos AG 65 might not be the perfect one. It is also a 65-liter capacity and if it is inconvenient for your comfort, you can still carry the carry-on Farpoint 40 and have your essentials packed.
- Style: The bag is obviously has a hiking/travelling style which apparently is not everyone’s favorite. You might prefer a more modern and sleek look and the Tortuga might just provide that.
- The bag lacks a zippered access to the main compartment which I find strenuous when I have to dig in to find probably only one item.
Choosing the Atmos AG 65 was a decision solely based on my personal preferences. If your requirements of a backpack also tickle town to the same style, size and size then this is just the pack for you.
2. Thule Crossover Backpack 32L
If you type “crossover backpack” in your browser, you end up with a bunch of links leading you to various Thule backpacks. So, the term crossover backpack is presumably a term invented by Thule. But what does it mean?
Well, crossover implies movement, going from one place to another. Consequently, a Thule crossover backpack enables you, or aids you as you are moving from one place to another. Usually, a standard backpack is something that slows you down, adds a lot of weight to your body and is generally uncomfortable.
But uniquely designed bags, such as crossover, laptop or camera backpacks, have a distinct purpose. They are more comfortable to wear, and more sophisticated (regarding design, weight distribution, and so forth). They are also more spacious, and most importantly, secure and stable.
Do you need it? Well, that’s hard to judge. Best Sports Backpacks of 2021 are intended for various groups of people. If you carry your bag to work (which isn’t a rare sight these days), and you bring it every day, you should consider investing in a quality backpack (not necessarily the Thule backpack, but any other special-designed backpack).
And I say invest for a reason; it is an investment. You invest in your health, ensure your laptop’s and other devices safety, you protect your other stuff (such as glasses, keys, documents, etc.), and you still have enough space to bring snacks and drinks.
Additionally, just as a bag helps you go through your workday, it can help you relax. It is a good weekend backpack, something you can bring with you when you go exploring, camping, travelling, and so forth.
- very affordable (when compared to other similar products on the market)
- reliable and comfortable
- perfect fit for gear-heads and tech lovers
- durable, made of quality material (water resistant fabrics)
- versatile can be used for different occasions
- perhaps too compartmentalized, which takes away from the promised 32 liter capacity
- shoulder straps could have been better padded
- the heavy hook for the outer pocket (the flap pocket) unhooks too easily
What Do Consumers Say?
Thule features 4.3 stars on Amazon. It is also an Amazon’s choice, due to positive reviews and comments regarding it. Most consumers praise the compartments, the SafeZone implementation, and the durability of the product.
On the other hand, they mostly complain about the lack of padding on the shoulder straps and the lack of promised 32 l space (which we already discussed). All in all, consumers do agree it is a high-quality laptop/crossover backpack, full of interesting features and benefits, with a couple of disadvantages.
3. Osprey Men’s Aether 70 Backpack
If you are searching for an excellent-quality backpack but do not really mind about the price, Osprey Men’s Aether 70 Backpack at less than $$$ will do just fine. If you often enjoy doing various outdoor activities in your country or even around the world, this backpack is durable and versatile enough that you can use it for whatever type of activity that you plan to do. Check out this short review to find out why this backpack is so popular.
Features of Osprey Men’s Aether 70 Backpack
- It has a pocket on its hip belt that is good for storing your camera or cell phone.
- It has adjustable load, chest, hip and shoulder straps.
- It has a useful removable top.
- This backpack has compression straps.
- It has a J-Panel Access.
- It has an Inside-Out Compression.
- It comes with dual side pockets.
- It has a compartment for the sleeping bag.
- It is a large backpack, so you can take a lot of things with you on your trip for a period of even more than a week.
- It is suitable for everyone as it comes in various sizes such as extra large, large, medium and small.
- This backpack has various pockets and compartments, so you will have no difficulty finding your things once you place them all in an organized manner inside the backpack.
- This backpack is made of durable quality materials, so you can rest assured in the idea that you can use it for a long time.
- It has many different features, so that makes it worth its price.
- It does not come with a rain cover, but you can certainly buy a separate rain cover if you wish so that you can rest assured that your backpack stays dry regardless of the weather during your trips.
4. High Sierra Appalachian 75 Internal Frame Pack
We all know that High Sierra is one of the leading makers of high-quality backpacks. High Sierra Appalachian 75 Internal Frame Pack is one of the durable backpacks created by High Sierra. If you are searching for a backpack for your day trips or week long trips, this backpack will not let you down. Although this backpack is primarily designed for men, it is also suitable for tall women.
Features of High Sierra Appalachian 75 Internal Frame Pack
- It has mesh pockets for water bottles.
- It comes with a rain cover.
- It has a compartment where you can keep your sleeping bag.
- Its sternum straps can be adjusted.
- Its shoulder straps are adjustable
- It comes with compression straps to give it extra security.
- It comes with a hydration port.
- It has a detachable media pocket.
- It has aluminum frame bars.
- This backpack is quite durable that it is possible to use it many times and for many outdoor activities.
- It offers enough space for all the stuff that you need for your outdoor activity, so you can definitely organize your stuff well in this backpack.
- This backpack has strong-quality zippers, so you can rest assured that all your things inside are kept intact anywhere you go.
- It has an affordable price for its quality, so you can rest assured that you are getting a value-for-your-money backpack.
- This backpack is protected against rain, so your things inside the backpack will never get wet or soaked up at all.
- Although you can get this backpack for around $$, it is heavier compared with other backpacks that cost more.
- Users complain about the long straps, but they should not be a problem at all.
5. HBAG Discovery 80L 5400ci Internal Frame Camping Hiking Backpack
Do you love going camping or hiking? Have you been thinking of buying a new backpack that you can use for your next outdoor activity? If you are on a tight budget but want a very affordable backpack that has a good quality, HBAG Discovery 80L 5400ci Internal Frame Camping Hiking Backpack can be your best choice! It only costs less than $, but you can already put enough stuff in it to enjoy your trips domestically or internationally. Read on to find out more about what you can get out of buying this backpack by HBAG.
Features of HBAG Discovery 80L 5400ci Internal Frame Camping Hiking Backpack
- It has durable zippers and buckles.
- It has a compartment where you can keep your sleeping bag.
- It has a roomy main compartment.
- It has two mesh pockets to hold your water bottles.
- This backpack is specially designed to have many pockets and compartments, so you do not need to open the entire pack and dig into your backpack when you only need to get one thing from it.
- It comes with padded straps, so you are less likely to feel any aches in the lumbar, shoulder or waist regions of your body when you carry this backpack.
- This backpack is very affordable, so it is best for those who are on a tight budget.
- Its straps are adjustable, so you can definitely rest assured in the idea that this backpack will just fit you right.
- The seams of this backpack are not that firm, so you should not put a lot of heavy stuff in it as much as possible.
- It lacks the typical rain cover that some camping and hiking backpacks have, so you have to procure a separate rain cover.
6. SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack
If you are searching for a great quality travel backpack, the SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900 can be considered the best option to meet your needs in a great way. Actually, we all know about the quality promised by SwissGear for its products available on the market. In the case of travel backpacks, the Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900 is one of the best creations for you
Features of SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900
- The SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900 comes with the highest quality materials in order to provide you with durability for a longer period of time. At the same time, this backpack has a stylish and attractive look.
- This backpack comes in 4 different colors so that you can pick your favorite color from the available options. The available color options for you are black/red, blue/black, formal black, and grey.
Here are the other features of this travel backpack
- It’s the most ideal choice for 17 inch laptops.
- The laptop compartment is padded so it will definitely keep your laptop protected and safe.
- The adjustable shoulder straps are there to make this travel backpack more convenient for the user.
- It has a wide range of small pockets where you can keep your essential accessories when you are going on a trip
- It’s the ideal type of backpack for all kinds of travelers.
- The laptop compartment is very simple to access.
- It comes with a front zippered pocket option.
- There is a media player pocket and a head-phone outlet on this travel backpack.
- There are special pockets for your documents and other necessary files.
- The inside small compartment does not have a zipper.
7. Briggs &Riley Work Luggage Clamshell Backpack
If you are looking for a high-quality, travel backpack with lots of compartments, then Briggs &Riley Work Luggage Clamshell Backpack is the right option for you. Whether you are a businessman or a university student, you need a backpack by Briggs & Riley. Actually, this travel backpack has a classic style and a casual look at the same time. Therefore, this travel backpack is great for your daily office use and for any out-of-town trip as well.
Features of Briggs &Riley Work Luggage Clamshell Backpack
- Laptop Compartment
One of the most popular deciding factors for choosing a backpack for work or travel is the backpack’s laptop compartment. One of the very best features of the Briggs &Riley Work Luggage Clamshell is the completely separate compartment for your laptop. But you have to remember that you can only use this compartment for laptops that are 17 inches or smaller.
- Safety and Protection
Because of the padded laptop compartment of this backpack, you will have full protection and safety for your valuable laptop computer.
Some of the other features of this backpack are listed below:
- Tablet compartment
- Efficient and large compartments for storing different types of files and documents
- Checkpoint-ready system
- Straps for the trolley
- Very comfortable straps
- Very comfortable pockets
- You will get the “speed through” technology with this backpack that will provide you with the most user-friendly guidelines.
- The overall design of this backpack is very classic and stunning at the same time.
- It is the ideal backpack for traveling.
- It’s a very light travel backpack.
- This backpack comes with 4 different sections for keeping your necessary items.
- This travel backpack comes in only one color.
8. 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 Back Pack
If you want to purchase a travel backpack for rough use, then the ideal choice for you is the 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 Backpack. Actually, the manufacturers have heavily focused on improving the durability of this backpack through the use of high-quality nylon material. Currently, this backpack comes in 6 different colors.
Features of the 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 Backpack
- First of all, we would love to point out the comfortable straps and belts of this backpack. When you carry this backpack, you will feel no pain due to the padded straps. Additionally, there is also a waist belt that makes it possible for the user to carry the backpack very smoothly.
- Now, we will talk about the exclusive design of this backpack. We have already mentioned that this travel backpack comes in six different colors in order to attract all types of users.
Here are the other features of this backpack
- The primary storage area of this backpack is very spacious so that you can keep your clothing and other essential materials when going on a trip.
- The side pockets of this backpack come with a dual zipping system.
- This backpack has an exclusive hydration pocket.
- This backpack is made of a different type of nylon which makes it water-resistant.
- It’s a completely user-friendly backpack.
- You can use it to carry laptops and clothing as well.
- It is water resistant only up to a certain depth.
9. TETON Sports Scout3400 Internal Frame Backpack
If you are searching for the best travel backpack, then you should choose the TETON Sports Scout3400 Internal Frame Backpack. [ Read External Frame Backpack Review Here] Actually, this travel backpack comes with a wide range of options and compartments for backpackers. This lightweight backpack is extremely user friendly with an exclusive design. Therefore, you can opt for this travel backpack without any question.
Features of the TETON Sports Scout3400 Internal Frame Backpack
- One of the greatest features of this travel backpack is the adjustable and multi-functional torso option. The torso setting comes with a wide number of options which will help you make necessary adjustments for using this backpack.
- Another great feature is the thick mesh padding system which is carefully designed for this backpack. Actually, the main objective of this padding system is to make you feel comfortable while carrying this backpack.
- Additionally, the manufacturers have also added compression straps on the sides and on the top of this backpack so that you can feel more secure while going on a trip.
- Another great feature that makes this backpack the best backpack for traveling is its waterproof technology.
- This travel backpack comes with a wide number of attributes like contoured pads and attached rain-fly.
- There is an extra compartment for a sleeping bag and rain-fly.
- It’s an ideal option for a long-distance trip free of pain and full of comfort.
- Some extra pockets have been added to help you keep necessary accessories.
- Some users have asked for this backpack in a bigger size.
10. High Sierra Freewheel Wheeled Book Bag Backpack
The High Sierra Freewheel Wheeled Book Bag Backpack is the most ideal choice for college and high school students.
One of the most attractive attributes of this backpack is its design. The designers have tried very hard to keep the design completely unique and stunning.
Actually, they have tried to bring something unique plus stylish for the students. You will be amazed to learn that this backpack comes in 7 different designs. Therefore, you have lots of options to choose from for your new backpack.
Features of the High Sierra Freewheel Wheeled Book Bag Backpack
- It has a very protective compartment for keeping a laptop up to 17 inches in size.
- The shoulder straps of this versatile backpack come with an adjustable and contoured feature. So you will feel no pain on your shoulders when carrying it.
- At the same time, this backpack comes with a wheeling system which has made it a very user friendly backpack.
- The front compartment comes with a zippered system that contains a media pocket and other open pockets along with the option of a key fob to keep all of your items completely organized.
- On the exterior, you will find a head phone port along with top side pockets for holding water bottles.
- It’s a very useful backpack for students.
- You can use this backpack for keeping books as well as a laptop.
- You can also use this backpack for short trips.
- Some users commented on the size. They said that it could be improved.
Benefits of Carrying a Best Travel Backpack
There are a number of benefits of carrying a travel backpack when going on a trip. In this section, we will enumerate some of the major benefits of carrying a travel backpack.
- Easy to Store and Stow
The overall size and design of a travel backpack has made it a perfect fit to bus, airplane, or train without facing any kind of trouble. The soft portion of the backpack makes it possible to fit in the designated place in any type of transportation.
While carrying a travel backpack, you will feel no pain because of the padded portion on the top and the back parts.
- Helps Travelers Keep Their Belongings Organized
The separate compartments of a travel backpack help travelers keep files, documents, electronic equipment such as laptop computers and clothing items in different sections so that everything can be organized.
- Easy to Move
Lightweight travel backpacks are very easy to carry from one place to another without facing any kind of problem.
Tips for Using a Travel Backpack
Although most travel backpacks come with a warranty, you can increase the longevity of your backpack if you follow these useful tips:
- When unzipping the compartments, make sure to do it very smoothly. Never unzip the zipper in a hurry. This may create problems with the zipper in the future.
- Always try to use the separate compartments for keeping different items. Never use the same compartment to keep all the items.
- Do not create any kind of pressure while packing your items in the backpack.
You can also find some other tips in the user’s manual guide that is given at the time of purchasing your travel backpack.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my laptop be safe in the laptop compartment of the travel backpack?
Answer: Of course, it will be safe and secure, because the laptop compartment is filled with a special type of padded materials.
- Can I use a travel backpack for hiking?
Answer: Yes, you can use it for hiking.
- Where is the best place to purchase the best travel backpack?
Answer: You should purchase travel backpacks from amazon.com.
Now, you should have an overall idea about the best travel backpacks after reading the informative guide about choosing the best backpack for travel. You have learned the main differences among the top-rated travel backpacks currently available on the market. At the same time, you have also learned the proper guidelines to follow when picking the best travel backpack for you. We hope that you will be greatly satisfied at the time of purchasing your new travel backpack after studying our reviews on the best backpacks for travel.
How to Choose the Best Travel Backpack for You
When you are looking for the best travel backpack, you have to consider a number of important factors. In the following section, we will help you get the best backpack by giving you the most useful guidelines on how to pick the right type of travel backpack.
Actually, there are plenty of good types of travel backpacks. Therefore, you have to decide on the type you need, before you make a decision on which one to purchase. For example, there are backpacks designed for carrying laptops or cameras. There are even backpacks designed for short trips and long trips.
After you have chosen the type of backpack you want to purchase, the next thing you have to do is to determine the size you need. Actually, purchasing the best travel backpack might be considered the most important part of your journey. You have to remember that if you cannot pick the right size backpack for you, then you will not be able to fulfill your purpose of backpacking.
In order to get the right size travel backpack that you need, you need to think about your purpose for buying a new backpack. If you intend to go on a long trip for several days, then it will be a good idea to choose a large travel backpack.
On the other hand, if you’re thinking about getting a travel backpack for work purposes or school purposes, then you should choose a medium-sized travel backpack.
Also, if you are purchasing a backpack for your kids, then you should choose a small backpack.
It is completely up to you to decide on the size of the travel backpack you want to purchase. Also, remember that the size will depend on how you plan to use the backpack.
It is always a good idea to look for travel backpacks that are made of high-quality materials. At the same time, you also have to check whether or not the backpack is waterproof. Actually, the waterproof option will keep your backpack completely safe when it rains or in the event of inclement weather.
There are 3 different options available right now — internal frames, external frames, or no frame. You have to decide whether you want a frame or not with your new travel backpack.
When choosing a travel backpack, you should make sure to check the straps on the backpack because the straps are the only part of the backpack that will touch you.
- You should always look for a travel backpack that comes with padded shoulder traps. The padded straps will help you carry the backpack comfortably even while you are walking. Never choose a backpack without padded straps.
- You should also look for padded hip straps in order to keep your hips free of pain.
- There is also a strap which will come in front of your chest in order to provide more safety and protection.
- You may also want a carrying strap that is removable.
The best travel backpacks come with multiple compartments for keeping your items separate. At the same time, the laptop compartment comes with extra padding to keep your laptop totally protected and safe. You have to make sure that the laptop compartment comes completely safeguarded.